In support of people going through life and career transitions, Susan spoke to 55 members of the employment group, Experience Unlimited, in Lafayette, California on June 24, 2008. Her workshop:
“Transition: An Opportunity To Renew Your Possibilities”
1. Learn how your beliefs play a role in the life you create
2. Create a clear vision of the career you wish to build
3. Identify the beliefs that may be holding you back from building this career
4. Learn the steps for developing a strong belief in yourself
5. Identify things you can do to strengthen your belief and release your obstacles
Value of Susan’s Workshop Style
1. Comfortable Atmosphere: Susan’s presentation style and focus come from her heart. Her desire to help people and her ability to create trust through this genuine communication style, combine to create a uninhibited atmosphere for people to participate and “let their hair down” as one attendee noted.
2. Customized Workshop: Susan adjusts her workshops to what she is able to help attendees get in touch with during the presentation. She encourages input and participation–most important she follows up the ideas that come forth during interaction.
3. Instant Intelligence: by allowing each workshop to follow the attendees challenges, Susan is required to think quickly, think deeply, and provide answers on the spot. Her strength is this ability to adapt without skipping a beat.
During the workshop, Susan was able to entice a number of people to tell their “story”, “fear”, or “challenge” to the group. This open forum style had the attendees sharing, helping, and providing feedback valuable to the entire group.
The most interesting responses:
“I have more control than I thought”
“I didn’t know how to plan for a change until now”
“I guess I get in my own way without realizing it”
“When can I attend another one of your workshops?”