A reduction in your income may impact many things, including how you perceive yourself, whether you are conscious of it or not. If you have prided yourself on financial success, your ability to feel good about yourself may be impacted as you battle a tough economy.
How to manage this challenge:
1. Remember that a successful life is not all about the money. Look for other non-monetary ways to define success.
- Are you helping people?
- Are you growing as an individual?
- What are you contributing to your community or to the world that does not involve money?
2. Look back on your life to periods when you weren’t making as much money as you are now. Believe that you have the capability to increase your income level once again.
- Is this an opportunity to start something new that could lead you to a better place?